21.6.12

YOUR Way.

Everyone can dream. "Dream big", that is what they said when you were kids. "The sky is the limit", that is what they keep saying when you were teenagers.

I dream. A lot. I put my dream higher than skies. Some I get, some I let go. Some are minor dreams which does not affect my life. Some are major dreams which changed my life.

Coming to Singapore is one of the major dreams. It's not my dream, initially. It's just my parents' wish that their daughter have to have the chance to see the outside world. To get a better life. I did. I studied here in Singapore. I met people. I made friends with people from different countries. I met "si pacar". I enjoy life. I fulfill my parents' dream. Successfully.

And then I dream. I dream I will finish my study, get a degree. I did. I finished my study, even tough I had to drag my self to do it. But I did. I wore that gown. I wore that hat. I stood on that stage. I shook the Counselor's hand. I got the papers. I fulfill my dream. Successfully.

And I dream again. I dream I will have a good job in Singapore. I will spend my time with friends and si pacar. I will save enough for holidays. I will contribute more than enough for my family. I will take my sisters to Singapore for better education. But a man (or woman) can dream. I didn't realize that it would be though. That I would bang my head to the wall. Again and again. I would be taken high, and then just dropped without any notice. I didn't realize that it would be like hell. That it would change my life. That it would change my behavior. My mindset. My optimistic mind. My expectation. My standards.

I disappointed. A lot of times. I was taken down so many times. I depressed. I feel like doing some massacre. My dream shattered into dust.

But it's not my way, is it? It's not my way that shaped my life. I can dream. Everyone can dream. But more than myself, more than ourselves try our best to shape our lifes, HE's the one who made the decision.

I believe that THIS is YOUR way. YOU know the best for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment