I was checking my twitter last evening... say around 7pm. And my heart stopped beating for a while. Why? Because I found "RIP Nelson Mandela" as trending topic!! Oh my, oh my.. I directly googled it, wiki it.. all sources that I could find.. And luckily, that was just a HOAX. phew.
But, come on guys, be serious.. Who was so heartless, mean, cruel, and absolutely jobless to make a statement like that, ON TWITTER??? Gosh!! This world is sure going crazy!
"Killing" a very important figure like that is NOT FUNNY. AT ALL.
After a few hours, I got back to my twitter, and guess what I found......... another TT. "RIP Justin Bieber".
... ... ...
Oh well, I'm not a fan, but that was not right. *although it amused me, coz it made me remember the day I went through all the articles in google after they said Tiesto died on a car accident in US, while at that time he was in Ibiza*
And the worst thing happened was, the latest shifted the earlier from the first TT in the world just in several minutes. Means : more people care about a 17-years-old kid who apparently became famous for singing love song which does not fit his age than a political figure, a peacemaker who is supposed to be very respected. Oh my, oh my, this virtual world...
Here's some snapshot on the twitter page when both of the TT was still there. (It's still there while I'm writing this, tho..)

(You have to right-click and "open in new tab" on the picture to see it clearly. sorry for the inconvenient.. I couldn't get it big enough.)
Bottom line : grow up, people! "Killing" people, whether it is a political figure or an innocent (?) and exploited kid, is just a bad, bad, BAAAAADDDDDD joke. Get a life.
No comments:
Post a Comment