25.1.12

Smile. Hello. Thanks.

It's a lovely morning, and I know it's gonna be a lovely day. Well, I can just keep what I just experienced for myself, but I really can't help it, I wanna share it to you.

I was staying over at a friend's place last night, and I took a bus home this morning. And I really love the bus driver. I boarded the bus, and he smiled at me and said "Good morning! Xin nian quai le!" (Happy New Year!), maybe because I look chinese (?). And apparently he's saying it to everyone who board the bus. After two busstops, there's this Malay lady came aboard. He greeted her in Malay, and it makes the lady smiles. I have never had such a joyful feeling in the morning. Eventually, whenever someone alight from the bus, he'll say "Bye-bye, have a nice day!" and smile. And then, there's this family of 3 (father, mother, a cute little girl) boarded the bus. He gave the little girl Ang Pao! Oh God, did I feel grateful to board that bus.

Moral of the story : you know what, there's nothing to lose to smile and say "hello" or "thanks" to people even tough you don't know them personally. Maybe it'll just make someone's day.

Thank you, Uncle! You give me hope in this harsh land.

No comments:

Post a Comment